Forge is the official HL7®FHIR® profile editor. Tailoring the FHIR specification to a specific use-case is an important aspect of the FHIR standard. This process is also known as profiling. While the FHIR spec targets all countries and all use cases, profiling allows you to define local use of FHIR.
Away with Excel and XML
Back in the day we used Excel or XML editors for this purpose, but these tools turned out to be insufficient for advanced use cases and a broad audience of modelers. They don’t want to be bothered with technical details and checking dependencies. Their focus is on the functional aspects of the use case and they need a tool that hides the complexity of FHIR and guides them within the rules of the FHIR specification.
- Create and edit FHIR Profiles
- Create and edit FHIR extension definitions
- Create and edit FHIR conformance packages
- Validate FHIR profiles
- Fetch and publish profiles from/to a FHIR server
- Fetch and publish profiles from/to a FHIR registry
- Define formal constraints
- Define slices
- Define value set bindings
- Define mappings
- Derived profiles (“profiles on profiles”)
Forge can be downloaded for free from the Simplifier.net website. We provide SLA support as part of the paid plans of Simplifier.net. Refer to the pricing page for details.