Help design the most innovative technology in Healthcare!
We are looking for a talented, passionate backend developer to help us in making our enterprise-grade FHIR server even better.
Firely specializes in software supporting the FHIR standard, such as the open-source reference implementation, the Firely .NET SDK and our FHIR server called Firely Server. We are the author of the official FHIR Profiling tool Forge and developer of the Simplifier.net platform. An important part of our activities is the involvement in the development of the FHIR standard itself. Our clients are vendors, hospitals, app developers, and governmental organizations.
As a C# backend developer you will work in a small team with a project owner, lead developer/architect, and a number of fellow software engineers. The work consists of the design and development of features for our Firely Server. You are an experienced C# backend developer with specialized technical insight. You design based on your technical expertise but also creativity. You work in a team that understands how to create software that performs well and is reliable.
What does the function entail?
You develop within a startup environment and contribute to the FHIR standard and products. You are inquisitive and confident in your abilities and are not afraid to engage in detailed technical discussions. You like to create your own new technologies and investigate what modifications are possible. You are not put off by a spirited discussion in the FHIR community and see that your actions and adjustments affect the work of others, both inside and outside Firely. Your curiosity translates into enthusiasm for the ever-changing environment in which you work. You can leave the rules behind and be inventive. You enjoy working in a fast pace and are thereby constantly aware of the quality of work you provide.
Skills & Requirements
What are we looking for?
- Completed technical degree/university degree in computer sciences
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with C# backend software development
- Extensive database experience with MS SQL Server and/or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus
- You consider yourself a back-end developer with a high level of abstract thinking skills
- Familiar with REST technology and experience in working with REST APIs
- Experience in handling json/xml payloads, validation and storage
- Knowledge of HL7 and FHIR is a plus
- Personal characteristics are: independent, critical, investigative, structured, responsible, flexible, customizable
- Good command of English, spoken as well as written
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector is a plus
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be closely involved in the development of innovative technologies and the application of a globally pioneering standard in healthcare
- Collaborate with a motivated and enthusiastic team
- A full-time or part-time (4 days) job in an informal company where curiosity and innovation are encouraged
- Participation in hackathons and international working group meetings
- Work as a freelancer or on a payroll basis