Make innovative health IT your daily job
(Freelance, 2-3 days per week)
Firely’s small but ambitious marketing team consists of a Growth Manager (Ysabel Camus) and a Head of Marketing (Martine Berden). And since content plays an important role in our marketing strategy, we want to complete our team with a kick-ass writer. We are looking for a freelance Content Writer who is available 2-3 days a week and can help us build a successful content strategy and execute it!
Firely is a digital healthcare scale-up. We specialize in software and services in healthcare and research. The company is one of the co-creators of HL7 FHIR (pronounced “fire”), a new international standard for information exchange in healthcare. By making health data more accessible, Firely helps developers all over the world to build apps that ultimately benefit patients.
Translating this to a marketing context: your audience will be composed of healthcare providers, medtech companies, and health agencies across the globe.
What does the job entail?
Together with your Marketing colleagues, you will boost our SEO performance, increase our organic reach and strengthen our inbound marketing strategy. You will improve our lead nurturing campaigns, create fresh content and keep our social media followers hooked.
This is what you will be doing:
Content creation & optimization will be your most important task. What you write will vary from short to long copy: (product) newsletters, emails, blog posts, whitepapers, sales collateral, case studies, social media copy, you name it.
- Reviewing, editing and optimizing
The good thing is, you don’t have to do it all by yourself. We have some great colleagues who like to help out and write a blog post (or even a whitepaper!) once in a while. You just need to be their superhero to make it read well and optimized for SEO.
You will have to dive into the topic and make sure you gather the relevant insights to produce your content-masterpiece. Your main resources will be your own desk research, your colleagues (Slack is your friend) and interview with partners and customers.
- Defining our content calendar.
Together with your marketing colleagues, you will define the content strategy. Keeping an eye on our SEO performance and ranking is just one of the important inputs for that. Once you have aligned on the priorities, you will translate them into a content calendar.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for the missing piece of our current marketing team. With the three of us together, we are convinced that we can jointly make a valuable contribution to Firely’s business goals. We will act as a team, but each with our individual skills and responsibilities. You will be the main point of contact for all content related things on our backlog.
Requirements for the job:
- Native English speaker
- Excellent copywriting skills, both long and short copy
- Your tone of voice is casual, engaging, knowledgeable, fun and a little bit nerdy
- Experience with defining a content strategy and content calendar
- Knowledgeable in SEO
- Independent when it comes to your own tasks, capable of working in a group when necessary
- Curious and smart. You won’t stop your research until you understand what you will be writing about
- Familiar with CMS (WordPress), CRM and marketing automation tools
- Background in tech or software industry
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector is a plus
- Preferably located close enough to Amsterdam to visit the Firely office once in a while
What we offer:
- An ambitious marketing plan offering you plenty of opportunities to create true value with great content
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative movement within healthcare technology
- A part-time role in an informal company where curiosity and innovation are encouraged
- A long term collaboration, with an hourly rate that will be based on your experience
- A bunch of friendly colleagues with a shared goal of applying technology for the good of healthcare
- A cozy office close to Amsterdam Central Station
- Flexible hours and the option to work remote as much as you like
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Martine Berden at email@example.com.
To apply, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and your portfolio. Attaching a cover letter is highly appreciated since we are keen to learn about your motivation for the role (and we assume you like writing anyway 😁). Be aware that candidates who are not native English speakers will not be considered.
Please make sure to mention the job title “B2B Content Writer” in the subject line of the email.