Help design the most innovative technology in Healthcare!
For product development in the healthcare sector, we are looking to strengthen our FHIR team with innovative software engineers. HL7 FHIR (pronounce “fire”) is the new international standard for the exchange of data between care providers. We are one of the creators of this standard. Within our team you will work on challenging projects at our office in the Netherlands and on location at the customer sites (national and international). As an engineer at Firely, you will have the ability to develop yourself further into a technical specialist.
What does the job entail?
Firely specializes in software tools supporting the FHIR standard, such as the open source reference API and FHIR server Vonk. We are the author of the official FHIR Profiling tool Forge and developer of the Simplifier.net platform. An important part of our activities is the involvement in the development of the FHIR standard itself. Our clients are vendors, hospitals, app developers and governmental organizations.
Since some customers are located outside the Netherlands you are occasionally expected to travel abroad. In addition, you contribute to our yearly international FHIR Developer Days.
As a FHIR specialist you will work in a small team with a project manager, lead developer/architect, and one or a few fellow engineers. The work consists of the design and development of our FHIR tooling, but also building features and components on our cloud platform, the development of our open source libraries and collaboration with the open source community. You are an experienced developer with specialized technical insight. You design based on your technical expertise but also creativity. You work in a team that understands how to create software that performs well and is reliable.
What does the function entail?
You develop within a startup environment and contribute to the FHIR standard and products. You are inquisitive and confident in your abilities and are not afraid to engage in detailed technical discussions. You like to create your own new technologies and investigate what modifications are possible. You are not put off by a spirited discussion in the FHIR community and see that your actions and adjustments affect the work of others, both inside and outside Firely. Your curiosity translates into enthusiasm for the ever-changing environment in which you work. You can leave the rules behind and be inventive. You enjoy working in a fast pace and are thereby constantly aware of the quality of work you provide.
Besides your experience with software and databases, you are familiar with medical standards or you have experience in health IT. You perform work based on assignment (internal or external), but are also able to determine what the market needs.
Take a look at the video of Vadim for more information about working as Software Engineer for FHIR.
Skills & Requirements
What are we looking for?
- Completed technical degree/university degree in computer sciences
- About 5-7 years’ experience in software development (cloud) server platforms or (web) client tooling and managed language C# or Java
- Familiar with REST technology and experience in working with REST APIs
- Experience in handling json/xml payloads, validation and storage
- Knowledge of HL7 is a plus
- Personal characteristics are: independent, critical, investigative, structured, responsible, flexible, customizable
- Good command of English, spoken as well as written
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector is a big plus
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be closely involved in the development of innovative technologies and the application of a globally pioneering standard in healthcare
- Collaborate with a motivated and enthusiastic team
- A full-time job in an informal company where curiosity and innovation are encouraged
- Participation in hackathons and international working group meetings
- Competitive salary that is directly related to your annual review which rewards above average performance
- The ability to work 32 hours
- Excellent benefits package
Firely is a spin-off from Furore, based in Amsterdam. As a team member of Firely you will be hired by Furore. Job applications run through Furore’s HR department. For more information about this vacancy please contact Mischa Bach at +3120-3467171. Apply by sending an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.