FIRELY SERVER WORKSHOP
Implementing your FHIR Server
A hands-on workshop on how to implement your FHIR server and deploy it. Gain an advanced understanding of Firely Server and learn all the best practices from experts.
Get an advanced understanding of Firely Server
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of Firely Server and its configuration options
- Understand some of the trickier parts of Firely Server
- Get hands-on experience with various advanced aspects of Firely Server
- Advance their own FHIR project by having a deeper understanding of their own implementation issues
- Apply best practices related to their own implementation issues
The hands-on nature allows attendees to get an in depth understanding of implementing their FHIR server.
What the course is about
This workshop covers a range of topics that are related to implementing your FHIR server by Firely. The content is determined by its attendees:
- The workshop will cover implementation issues encountered by the attendees.
- Hands-on exercises and optional materials about several implementation aspects. This material will be used when they fit issues raised by the attendees.
- The issues should preferably be identified well ahead of the actual training course to allow for preparation by the trainer(s); ad hoc questions may require additional research by the trainer(s).
Prior to the workshop, we will host a conference call to identify your issues. This allows our FHIR trainers to prepare ahead of time, since ad hoc questions may require additional research.
- Those involved with the implementation or deployment of Firely Server.
- The dates for the in-company training courses are flexible and can be agreed upon depending on the availability of your team.
- An online training course happens 4 hours a day, for 3 days. In-person training courses happen 8 hours a day, for 1-2 days.
- Participants will receive handouts and supporting documents containing all materials covered in the training.
Learning modules and agenda
The agenda of the training course largely depends on the issues encountered by the attendees during their Firely Server implementation project. Over 50% of the duration will be spent on hands-on configuration and development aimed to support scenarios as relevant to the attendees, and about 30% will be spent on discussion. A list of topics raised during earlier workshops is shown below. Your workshop could be a relevant subset of the topics shown, it could also contain additional topics suitable for your context.
Firely Server Workshop
- The architecture of Firely Server
- Installing (various options) and configuration
- Creating a Facade with Firely Server:
- Overview of Firely Server library for facade
- Implementing read and simple search on 1 resource type
- Mapping from backend system to FHIR
- Configuring the FHIR server to use the Facade
- Implementing additional search options
- Implementing additional resource types
- Implementing support for create/update/delete
- Creating a custom plug-in (e.g. for a new FHIR operation, access control, … )
- Overview of Firely Server libraries needed
- Implementing a plugin to handle custom actions or services
- Configuring the FHIR server to use the plugin
- Miscellaneous advanced topics
- Support for OAuth2
- Access Control
- Azure deployment
- Azure Active Directory
- Implementing a predefined set of profiles
- Enabling SMART on FHIR support
- Multi-version support
Start implementing your FHIR server
Schedule an in-company Firely Server Workshop today. Get in touch for more information.
Any questions about our training courses?
Leave us a message and we’ll reply as soon as we can