HL7 FHIR Advanced Training Course
This training course is customized for you. Learn the best practices and how to manage a wide range of issues and implementation challenges.
Gain a deeper understanding of HL7 FHIR
After this training course, you will be able to:
- Identify architectural considerations that apply to FHIR and determine how to best address those in your own FHIR solutions
- Understand the trickier and more advanced parts of FHIR
- Get hands-on experience on various aspects of FHIR
- Advance your own project by having a deeper understanding of your own implementation issues
- Apply best practices in the field
The hands-on nature allows the attendees to get an in-depth understanding of the material covered.
What the course is about
The course covers all sorts of implementation aspects that are not covered by the standard itself, as well as the trickier parts of FHIR. The agenda of this custom course is determined by its attendees:
- Implementation issues encountered by the attendees.
- Materials and hands-on exercises about implementation aspects, prepared by experienced FHIR implementers.
- How to manage different types of issues and best practices to deal with these implementation challenges.
Before the workshop we will host a conference call to identify your issues. For examples, see the learning modules below.
- This training course is intended for those who already have experience implementing HL7 FHIR
- The dates for the in-company training courses are flexible and can be agreed upon depending on the availability of your team
- The duration of this in-company course varies according to your needs
The attendees are assumed to be familiar with:
- The core components of the FHIR standard
- Software implementation of those core components
- We will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials
Learning Modules and Agenda
The agenda of the training course depends on the issues encountered by the attendees during their FHIR implementation projects. Over 50% of the duration will be spent on hands-on configuration and development aimed to support scenarios as relevant to the attendees, and about 30% will be spent on discussion. A list of topics raised during earlier workshops is shown below. Your workshop could be a relevant subset of the topics shown, it could also contain additional topics suitable for your context.
HL7 FHIR Advanced Course
- Exchange Mechanisms
- FHIR Messaging
- FHIR Documents
- Data Import/Export
- Migration of CDA/v2 to FHIR
- Exporting HL7v2 messages
- Migration of CCDA to FHIR Documents
- FHIR and IHE XDS
- FHIR and DICOMWeb
- The StructureMap resource and the mapping language
- Replication of (parts of) a FHIR repository
- Bulk data API, ETL process
- Data cleansing
- Conformance and validation
- The re-use of existing validation engines
- The re-use of existing terminology servers
- Useful metadata services for building servers
- Resolving profiles, valuesets, and other conformance resources
- Dealing with profile incompatibilities
- Distributed FHIR
- Resource identity management
- Federation of FHIR servers
- OAuth2, scopes
- Editing and expansion of value sets
- Version management
- Terminology server API
- Error handling
- Supporting Multiple FHIR versions
- Using/generating synthetic test data
- Automated test scripts
Contact us for on-site training courses
Contact Mirjam Baltus for more information on the FHIR training courses by Firely.
Any questions about our training courses?
Leave us a message and we’ll reply as soon as we can