Number of Days
|1 or 2 days, 09:00 to 16:30.|
Who should attend
|Those involved with the implementation or deployment of the Firely Vonk product.|
Summary of course content
This 1 to 2 day training course covers a range of topics that are related to the implementation of Vonk. The content of this workshop is largely determined by its attendees:
- The workshop will cover implementation issues encountered by the attendees (for examples, see below). The issues are identified both by hosting a conference call with all attendees prior to the actual workshop, as well as during the workshop itself.
- The trainers are experienced Vonk implementers, and will bring some optional material (with hands on exercises) with them to cover known implementation aspects. This material will be used when they fit with an issues raised by the attendees.
- The issues should preferably be identified well ahead of the actual training course to allow for preparation by the trainer(s); ad hoc questions may require additional research by the trainer(s).
The hands-on nature allows the attendees to get an in depth understanding of the material covered.
The dates for the in-company training courses are flexible and can be agreed depending on the availability of your team. The open training courses have fixed dates.
Goals of the training course
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of Vonk and its configuration options
- Understand some of the trickier/advanced parts of Vonk
- Get hands-on experience with various advanced aspects of Vonk
- Advance their own project by having a deeper understanding of their own implementation issues
- Apply best practices related to their own implementation issues
The agenda of the training course largely depends on the issues encountered by the attendees during their Vonk implementation project. Over 50% of the duration will be spent on hands-on configuration and development aimed to support scenarios as relevant to the attendees, and about 30% will be spent on discussion. A list of topics raised during earlier workshops is shown below. Your workshop could be a relevant subset of the topics shown, it could also contain additional topics suitable for your context.
- Architecture of Vonk
- Installing (various options) and configuration
- Creating a Facade with Vonk:
- Overview of Vonk library for facade
- Implementing read and simple search on 1 resource type
- Mapping from backend system to FHIR
- Configuring the Vonk server to use the Facade
- Implementing additional search options
- Implementing additional resource types
- Implementing support for create/update/delete
- Creating a custom plug-in (e.g. for a new FHIR operation, access control, … )
- Overview of Vonk libraries needed
- Implementing a plugin to handle custom actions or services
- Configuring the Vonk server to use the plugin
- Miscellaneous advanced topics
- Support for OAuth2
- Access Control
- Azure deployment
- Azure Active Directory
- Implementing a predefined set of profiles
- Enabling SMART on FHIR support
- Multi version support